I am a senior UX+UI design manager with over 20 years of experience in creating enterprise software. My areas of expertise include:
- Design management and leadership
- Innovation program creation
- Creative team building
- Design thinking
- Prototype design and production
- UX and visual design for enterprise software
- Graphic design and branding
The intersection of art and technology has always been my happy place.
I majored in music engineering as an undergrad because I love music and I was pretty good at calculus and physics. In grad school, I studied technical theater because I wanted to do sound design and I liked hanging around the creative drama people.
When I was done with school in 1995, and the web was just getting started, my Photoshop and BBEdit skills meant that I could get a job making web sites.
Over 20 years later, I am an expert in designing enterprise software and managing design teams. I still like grappling with the mix of art and technology in the work I do. And I still like hanging out with creative people who challenge the status quo and prove that enterprise software can be delightful, elegant and usable.
Things I'm obsessed with at the moment:
- "A Masked Ball" by Yinka Shonibare M.B.E. is currently showing at 21c Durham. I loved it. The colors of the Dutch wax fabrics made me swoon.
- Impatiently waiting for my copy of the Bolted Book to arrive
- Currently devouring John Maeda's Design in Tech 2017 Report
- Really loved being introduced to the artist Thomas Bayrle at ICA in Miami
- I CANNOT WAIT to attend the Yayoi Kusama show at the Hirshhorn!!!
Past obsessions but still in my brain:
- Crochet Coral Reef: TOXIC SEAS at the Museum of Arts and Design. I was in my happy, happy place at this exhibit.
- Norwood Viviano's art work that combines blown glass and data visualization. Swoon.
- Designing Your Life. When I grow up I want to go to Stanford d.school.
- Southern Accent at the Nasher Museum of Art. So many profound ideas here, I can't wait to go back.
- This Michael Chabon story about his young son who already knows what he's all about.
- Hopscotch Design Festival. I'm still thinking about what I heard and learned. I love this event!
- Hamilton. Duh. I have seen it twice. Once with the original cast. Don't hate me.